Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The End of The Beginning

New blog, derp. Makin' a cosplay outfit. Full body suit of armour. None of that Halo shit though.

Pretty much mostly finished the 3D model itself. I've finally just started putting pieces together in the real world, starting with none other than the helmet first, of course.

Note: old render

Now, this is going to be a real challenge for me. I have no real experience in papercraft or auto bodywork. The closest I've come to fiberglass is installing insulation in my house. That shit is nasty.

So I started working on the helmet last night, finished all the pieces. But silly me, I got rid of half of the helmet then split it into 4 pieces thinking it would be easier to put together. Sure, it was easy to put together, but then trying to join the 4 pieces in a manner that doesn't look like ass? No. So I've got more card on the way, going to chuck the full helmet back into Pepakura and try again.


We'll see how we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment